How do I prevent an overdraft?
To prevent overdrafts and avoid costly fees, First Advantage Bank recommends that you maintain a record of all account activity by regularly reconciling your account to the balance and activity reported by the bank. We offer several channels which provide you with quick and easy access to your account information:
- Online Banking. Log in anytime to view your account information at firstadvantagebanking.com.
- Mobile Banking. Download the free mobile banking application on your Android or Apple phone.
- 24/7 Phone Access. Call our automated telephone banking system 24/7 at 1.866.678.2309.
- Messenger Alerts. Login to online banking and sign up to receive email notifications.
How do I set up overdraft protection?
Call us at 931.552.6176 and we will get you in touch with the right person who can help you set up your overdraft protection.
What accounts are eligible for overdraft protection?
Your checking account can be linked to a First Advantage Bank:
- Line of Credit*
- Checking Account
- Savings Account
There are certain types of withdrawals and transfer transactions you can make out of your savings or money market accounts. See your account disclosure for the maximum amount of withdrawals allowed.
- Transfers via phone
- Transfers via Online Banking, including Bill Pay
- Automatic Transfers for Overdraft coverage to your checking account
- Pre-authorized transfers and withdrawals from your account, including automatic and wire transfers
- Checks, drafts, or similar other withdrawal payable to third parties, counted when they are posted to your account and not when they are written
- Debit Card or ATM Card purchases that post to your savings account
If the bank determines that you are exceeding the limit stated above, a withdrawal fee may be charged. If the bank determines that you are exceeding the limit described above on more than an occasional basis, the bank reserves the right to either close your savings account and transfer the funds on deposit into another account that you are eligible to maintain, or terminate your right to make transfers and write items against your savings account. For details, please call 931.552.6176
What is the fee for using overdraft protection?
When there are insufficient funds in your account to cover a check, withdrawal, or automatic payment that you have authorized, and you have Overdraft Protection, we pay the Item and charge you an overdraft protection/advance fee.
The overdraft protection transfer/fee depends on which account you have linked to your Checking Account for Overdraft Protection:
- Checking & Savings Accounts. Transfers are made in increments of $50.00 and a $5.00 fee is charged per overdraft transfer.
- Line of Credit. Please see your Revolving Line of Credit Agreement for the fee and finance charges for advances.
*subject to credit approval